i'm writing with a heavy heart as i hear of marriages falling apart all around me. from dear family members & friends to even jon & kate (plus 8)...it happens all the time, but right now in our life, there seems to be an attack on marriages from all sides. as jerry and i continue to grow in our marriage of almost 10 years, there's a lot we have yet to learn. spiritually though, i know our peace, even in our marriage doesn't come from "us". i'm so thankful that i'm promised this peace...
"don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done. Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus." Phillipians 4:6-7
2 comments:
It truly is sad to see marriages end. I do feel if couples put God first in their relationship, there are many that could be saved by Him. The peace and love that can only come from Him has the ability to work miracles in any marriage (I would think)....
I hope and pray for the best with your friends and family....
May this week find you happy, healthy and joyous! Take care...
-Summer
I found out within the last 2 weeks that I have 2 different friends who are going through a divorce...and both have been married less than 5 years. It's tough. I know my marriage isn't perfect, but with faith we've been able to work through things. I am so thankful for that. Marriage isn't easy...
I pray for your friends and family as they go through this...I couldn't imagine.
Hope your "summer" started off great!
Post a Comment